THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 24, 2007

On turds, gunts and titmice

Tara: So I'm not totally sure what I'm going to do when my brother is here next Friday. Saturday Natalie's going to do a thanksgiving dinner, and then Rosanne's doing hers on the Sunday.
Marq: Nice.
Tara: Yeah, Natalie's thinking about doing a turducken.
Marq: Where does one find a deboned duck? Or the other things in turducken?
Tara: I'm not sure. I think you can just buy turduckens at some butchers.
Marq: I don't think "turducken" is a very good portmanteau. The word "turd" should not be a part of the name for any food.
Tara: [giggles] Ha! You said "turd". I can't deal with that word or "gunt". They make me laugh every time I hear them unexpectedly.
Marq: [laughs] Gunt! "Titmouse" does that to me too.
Tara: [laughs too hard at the word "titmouse" to respond, wipes some tears away] That's beautiful.

No comments: