THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 17, 2007

On my grandmother

Mom: That was Uncle Richard on the phone.
Tara: Oh yeah?
Mom: Grandma was just taken to the hospital. She can't walk.
Tara: Seriously?
Mom: Yes. I'm going, do you want to go? I don't want her to be alone for hours and no one else can go.
Tara: Sure. When are we leaving?
Mom: Now.

...

Tara: Hi Grandma!
Grandma: Oh! I wasn't expecting to see you! When did you get here?
Tara: This morning.
Mom: Yup. So she's a tired girl.
Tara: But I'm happy to see you. How are you?
Grandma: I'm okay. I'm just so damned hungry.


...

Tara: Hi there. My grandmother is here and she's very hungry and she's diabetic.
Nurse: Yes, we know she's diabetic, but the doctor needs to see her before she can eat. She's the next one he's seeing. We tested her sugar and it was okay. It was 7.9.
Tara: Okay thanks.

...

Tara: Grandma, I just talked to the nurse and she said you can't eat yet because you have to see the doctor first.
Grandma: But I'm so hungry.
Tara: It shouldn't be too long. You're the next one he's seeing.

...

Nurse: The doctor's not here yet, so I brought you some lunch.
Grandma: Oh good!

...

Tara: If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
Mom: I think I would want to fly.
Tara: Nice. I would want to control luck.
Grandma: What are you talking about?
Tara: Grandma, if you could have any superpower, what would you choose?
Grandma: What?
Mom: Superpower. Like flying or walking through walls or being invisible.
Tara: Or shapeshifting. That's always a good one.
Grandma: I think that's a trick question.

...

Doctor: There's nothing correctable that's wrong with her. She needs to move. I'll get her assessed so an occupational therapist can start working with her.
Mom: Okay great. Is there a way to get her back to the retirement home?
Doctor: I'll arrange patient transport for her.

...

Nurse: The ambulance should be here shortly, but I've ordered a dinner tray for her just in case.

...

Nurse: I know it's been a while but it will be another hour and a half before they can take her.
Tara: Mom, we haven't eaten in 7 hours or so and I flew all night.
Mom: We can go. Uncle Richard will be here soon to spend time with her.

No comments: