THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

On morning vs. mourning

Random Vancouver Guy 1 (RVG 1): Hey, do you have a pen I could borrow?
Tara: Sure. [hands pen over]
Random Vancouver Guy 2 (RVG 2): [says something barely intelligible, but points at my shirt, which says "I'M A NOUN!"]
Tara: I love this shirt
RVG 1: [looks at shirt] heh. cool. oh, now I need to find some paper
Tara: [hands paper over]
RVG 2: [more barely intelligible speaking, appears to be talking about language]
Tara: [watches RVG 1 struggle to write his own number because he has terrible penmanship and ash keeps dropping from his cigarette on the paper]
RVG 2: I don't even say "good morning" anymore because what's so good about it?
Tara: Well, I think the idea is that you're wishing the person to have a good morning.
RVG 1: Yeah, I think you're right!
RVG 2: But when I think of morning I think of the daily loss... of freedom?
Tara: I think you mean "mourning"

No comments: