THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

On terrible ideas

Marq: So imagine for a second you are the president of a country and you want to raise a monument to a highly contraversial figure from your country's past. IE: many people love him, but a similar number hate him. What material would you use for said monument?
Tara: probably some sort of stone or concrete.Why?
Marq: Do you think glass would be a good choice?
Tara: No, not really. Glass isn't a great choice for any monument.
Marq: Then congratulations, you're smarter than Hugo Chavez. http://www.kansascity.com/news/world/story/324670.html
Tara: That seems like a terrible idea
Marq: I think those are the only kind of ideas he has. Terrible ones.
Tara: This is the first I've heard of, so in my books he's 1 for 1 on terrible ideas.
Marq: Not to get off on a Chavez rant, but in terms of terrible-ness, this one is pretty minor compared to some of just doozys.
Tara: How many wackos are holding office around the world right now? I'm getting the sense there are way too many.
Marq: Yeah, it's time we learned that democracy just doesn't work.
Tara: True, but I'd like to know what the alternatives are before moving away from it.
Marq: Serfdom?
Tara: "Help! Help! I'm being oppressed!"
Marq: By the Baron? That's what Barons do
Tara: I was quoting monty python, but sure. It depends on who the Baron is.
Marq: I wish I was a Baron. Droit de seigneur seems like a pretty good deal ...for the Baron
Tara: What would you do with it? I suspect your wife wouldn't be totally cool with you deflowering virgins, even if it is a legal right.
Marq: Yeah, I should have considered that. Perhaps it's for the best that I am not a baron

No comments: